confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, Book 1)

The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins Yes I usually give in to the hoopla and read what’s got the most hype. When I read this though I couldn’t help but compare to Twilight series. Mostly because people keep saying with the movies coming out it going to be the new phenom. So I feel compared to Twilight the writing is much better and just feels powerful. The detailed description of the characters, the district and the capitol was stunning. It is a world that was created almost like Harry Potter series. Like Twilight this has a love story thrown in , very creatively I must say, but disengaged with the love story. In fact I found my self skimming when it became mushy. I thought the writing to be excellent but did not feel the hype. The first book really felt like a intro to the characters. Which makes me wonder how the two other books in the series fare. Saying all that I had fun reading it because it brought me back to enjoy reading as I was on a break.