confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirits of Women

Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul) - Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Jennifer Hawthorne This book has good, inspiring stories of women who have done it all, from childhood memories to growing old and wiser. A couple of the stories had me tearing up. I have a few favorites that stick out. One called "The Wind Beneath Her Wings" is a story about Jean Harper, one of the first three female pilots for United Airlines. The woman's dream was always to be a pilot, and first everyone told her she couldn't, or she didn't have chance. She Almost believed that, until one teacher told her to live the dream. Another one was "Mother's Day," about a woman who was in her 30's and thought she would never have children, but in her 40's did. It makes me feel a little hopeful about myself. All the stories definitely spark emotion in a person; I can't see how they could not.