confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Winter's Orphans (The Shadow Fae Trilogy)

Winter's Orphans - Elaine Corvidae This is not your kids type of faerie book. This book's mythology is based on the old myths of the Fae. They are not nice creatures, but dark, very dark. I think the dialogue was interesting and smart. I said before that I liked some of the quotes, and one in particular still sticks with me: "Duncan sighed, 'Our Dreams become smaller and more desperate as we get older. I think. The world strips more from us, until we'd trade anything just to get back what we once had.'" That quote is something I think most adults can relate too, with opportunities coming and going, doors opening and shutting. Sometimes we wish we could go back in time to when all the opportunities were open to us. I liked it, and I wish we'd see more books steeped in the older, dark, Irish-style faerie tales.