confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Host: A Novel

The Host - Stephenie Meyer This was the first Stephenie Meyer book I started reading, and I thought it was so good. Then I put it down for whatever reason and read Twilight. I thought Twilight was really good! Then I went back The Host and didn't think this was so good, so it took me a while to finish it. I don't have anything to point out that I didn't like about it, though. All in all I thought The Host was pretty good. It has a very different feel than Twilight, and it is hard jump to from one to the other. The love story is different and not as defined as Twilight's. If I were not to compare it to Twilight, I would say standing alone it is a good sci fi book. It is amazing how much drama can be created when the main character spends most of the book in an underground community hiding from aliens. The real subject of the story is the question, what is a soul worth? Can you take another soul for another soul? Or should all life have a chance at life? There is no real answer to those questions, and this book is just one take on them. I enjoyed The Host and would recommend it as pretty good read.