confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle Trilogy)

A Great and Terrible Beauty  - Libba Bray, Josephine Bailey My review is on the audio version of this book. It is amazing what one person can do to there voice to make it sound like so many different people--reader Josephine Bailey does an excellent job. The story keeps a thrilling pace, and the characters dive into dark places and find different aspects of themselves. Like Gemma, who realizes she has special powers. Even though she's told not to use those powers, she realizes that having power has it's benefits, especially in an age when women are repressed. At the same time, there are dark forces trying to capture her to steal that power for themselves, so she has to use the power subtlety. I found the characters interesting and different, and I can't wait to listen to the rest of the series.