confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Importance of Wings

The Importance of Wings - Robin Friedman The Importance of Wings is a coming of age tale. Taking place in the 80's, the main character, Roxanne, believes that one of the most important things in the world is to have the right style of hair: "wings." She believes that, if she had these wings, she would be popular in school. All of this changes when Roxanne meets her new next-door neighbor, Liat. Through Liat, Roxanne learns about more important things in life, like family and heritage.

I was excited when I found out this book took place in the 80's because I grew up in the 80's. Like Roxanne, I was obsessed with TV like the Brady Bunch and Dukes of Hazzard.

The interaction in the book seemed realistic but short. I feel like this could have been done as a short story and not a novel. The message is to accept yourself as you are and be happy and not worry about what others think.