confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Aurora of the Northern Lights

Aurora of the Northern Lights - Holly Hardin Aurora of the Northern Lights is not entirely about Aurora - half the book is about Aurora's mother and father. Of course, there would be no Aurora if her mother and father had not met. Unfortunately she loses them and finds she is not wanted in the green land she was born in because she is different. So she travels to find her place and other Northern Fey.

I am not real sure how I feel about this one. The first read through was was a little exciting and mysterious because I didn't know where the story was going, and the art is beautiful. Reading it a second time, my focus moved to Aurora being 7 years old and feeling out of place because no one likes her,.

I think, for the most part, if I were a child I would be captivated with the pictures and characters. Children usually hold on to that exciting feeling when it is first read. I did really like it. I guess I just shouldn't look to deep.

This could also be consider a Christmas book but think it could be read all year long.