confuzzledbooks

Confuzzled Books

Blood Lite II: Overbite
Heather Graham, Kelley Armstrong, J.A. Konrath, Janis Ian, Derek Clendening, Amy Sterling Casil, Sam W. Anderson, Aaron Polson, Brian J. Hatcher, John R. Little, Joel A. Sutherland, Jordan Summers, Allison Brennan, Lezli Robyn, Scott Nicholson, Sharyn McCrumb, Edward Bry
V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
Seth Godin
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

So Far From Home: The Diary of Mary Driscoll, An Irish Mill Girl, Lowell, Massachusetts 1847 (Dear America Series)

So Far From Home: the Diary of Mary Driscoll, an Irish Mill Girl, Lowell, Massachusetts, 1847 - Barry Denenberg Mary Driscoll’s tale is a sad one indeed. She leaves her parents to go to America. As her parents starve she tries to save money for them. So they may travel to America to meet her and her sister. Mary works in a factory and instantly makes friends with another worker.

I have only read two book in the Dear America series so far, one in the Princess series and this one. It seems to me that the theme is to make the story heartbreaking and terrible to go through to make an interesting story. Not to mention how it ends for dear Mary. I understand that this was probably realistic for some who came over during the Potato Famine and because some of my family did just that I was interested in the story even though it is very dark.

I would say that it was an interesting read but at some times annoying because of the accent, which I don’t know if it was correctly done, Mary spoke in. Something about the way she spoke did not seem believable yet the story did seem so other wise.