confuzzledbooks

Confuzzled Books

Blood Lite II: Overbite
Heather Graham, Kelley Armstrong, J.A. Konrath, Janis Ian, Derek Clendening, Amy Sterling Casil, Sam W. Anderson, Aaron Polson, Brian J. Hatcher, John R. Little, Joel A. Sutherland, Jordan Summers, Allison Brennan, Lezli Robyn, Scott Nicholson, Sharyn McCrumb, Edward Bry
V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
Seth Godin
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb: A Novel

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb - Melanie Benjamin I waited a while to write this review but not because I didn’t like the book. Oh it is very the opposite of that. I want to gush over this book so badly I do not have the words to make it sound how good it is.

The author Melanie Benjamin has a knack for delving into the world of true history and bringing out the essence of what should be remembered, and what I can only believe what may have been felt by these characters. Now I know it’s historical fiction but I truly believe the author has tapped into something.

I enjoyed every minute of reading about Vinnie’s life, the up and the downs. I felt her heartache for the person she ached to be and the sister she shared so many things with. For the time that she lived in that her life was so extravagant amazes me. Especially since most of those good times took place during the Civil War. In fact her wedding took top pages over the war when it took place. That to me is amazing!

Not only has this book like Alice I Have Been made me more interested in history I have actually followed through with reading more history now.

Melanie Benjamin is now my new favorite author. What does that mean to me is that I vow to read all of her books. So far I have read her first two and I have not been displeased. I have been ecstatic to read them!