confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield This is one of those books that I read months ago and now that I think about it, it goes down as not so remember-able. I want to say it was but in truth I just can not.

This book attracted me one because I knew it had to do with a book. Two, because of the dark secrets surrounding the family. The mystery seemed very V.C. Andrews like which is an author I use to love but have grown out of. I thought I would enjoy it much more then I did but the dark secret wasn’t that secret. The book hinted a great deal what was to come before it did so the ending was no real surprise.

I agree with many that it is confusing which time period this book takes place. It does hop back and forth from past to present which makes it all the more conflicting.

This is the first book I read from Barnes and Noble recommends list and I think I can see why they picked it. It has a certain style about it. I suppose if you never read any V.C. Andrews the ending might be surprising but to me it was not. I just wasn’t impressed with the plot. I was intrigued at first but then quickly got bored. Really wanted to like this book more.