confuzzledbooks

Confuzzled Books

Blood Lite II: Overbite
Heather Graham, Kelley Armstrong, J.A. Konrath, Janis Ian, Derek Clendening, Amy Sterling Casil, Sam W. Anderson, Aaron Polson, Brian J. Hatcher, John R. Little, Joel A. Sutherland, Jordan Summers, Allison Brennan, Lezli Robyn, Scott Nicholson, Sharyn McCrumb, Edward Bry
V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
Seth Godin
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Professor Was a Thief

The Professor Was a Thief - L. Ron Hubbard I have never read anything by Hubbard before. It was interesting to say the least to see what his brain would come up with story wise.

This book features 3 stories 1 more of a mystery and the other 2 science fiction.

-The Professor was a Thief -
Frankly this story bored me and I was thankful that it was a short story and not a full book because I did not find it fun to read. I could not tell if this was suppose to be future, past or present. It was about a Professor who went around miniaturizing the town and stealing buildings like the empire state building. It just did not seem like a believable story and I think a poor one to start off the book with.

-Battle of Wizards-
This was a little better but here is where Hubbard’s science is stronger then god comes into play. It is about humans and a alien race battling off. Us human are suppose to have greater knowledge because of science then the alien race who has magic. I felt I was getting a little bombarded with “science is great, science is god” . I know that Hubbard started Scientology and have not read the main books for it but this I think was where it gets it’s roots from.

-The Dangerous Dimension-
Finally a story I could believe and enjoyed. I felt like this book was butt backwards.
Still about science but I could relate to it. This story was about the power of thought and how a scientist had figured out an equation that by thinking he could be transported anywhere in the universe. I know first hand that thought can be as strong as words spoken, so this story resonated. I am not saying it could happen I am saying I see how it could be possible...sort of.
This was just a much better story and it should have been what the book started with.

I have other Hubbard book that I got from BEA 2011 and hope to read them soon. Thankfully I liked the last story so hopefully there might be others I enjoy.