confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Marigold and the Feather of Hope, The Journey Begins (The Fairy Chronicles)

Marigold and the Feather of Hope, The Journey Begins - J.H. Sweet, Tara Larsen Chang Most of the fairy books for kids have the story of how the child finds out she a fairy and she goes on a adventure. This was the same but the background to the fairy history was different and I enjoyed learning from the fairy handbook of Beth.

It is cute the way they introduce other species like goblins and brownies into the fray of things.
Once things get going and you get past the introduction of Beth into fairy world all the little tidbits are just fun to read. Like Dachshunds are good at keeping goblins away and fairies use nuts to keep in contact. My most favorite little lesson was that when fairies met in circles (which don’t have to be circles by the way) they meet under different trees for the different wisdom or powers of that tree.

Overall entertaining once you get through the intro and I could see reading the rest of the series. Fans of these books might like The Fairy Godmother Academy series by Jan Bozarth.