confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Haunting of Charles Dickens

The Haunting of Charles Dickens - Lewis Buzbee, Greg Ruth The Pickel family owns a print shop and has customers/friends with the likes of Charles Dickens. The daughter of the house, Meg, is adventurous and daring. She is strong willed and tries to find her missing older brother. While traveling at night through London she unexpectedly meets Charles Dickens. They make a pact that they will save Meg’s brother.

I felt different enjoyment from this book then Buzbee’s Steinbeck Ghost. Instead of flowing into each book Steinbeck wrote this one was a whole new mystery featuring Dickens and mentions of his stories. Meg and Dickens are interesting partners. Dickens comes across very fun loving which if you have seen real photos of Dickens you would not think that of him because I have not seen one where he smiles.

This book tells about the dark side of the times for children who worked in labor houses like Dickens did once as a child. So book has a little grittiness to it that makes some it hard to enjoy even though it may be based on facts. Dickens does make it laughable at times by dress in odd suits and meeting odd souls. Good read for Dickens lovers.