confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Goddess Test (Harlequin Teen)

The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter Kate and her mom are close. Kate’s mom is also dying. While Kate struggles to deal with losing her mother, she makes friends in a new town. After an accident with a “friend” dying, Kate is found by Henry, who says he is Hades, and to prove it brings her “friend” back to life.

I think of this book and the surprise ending is what sticks to memory but I don’t want to spoil the book. In my opinion this is one the best retelling of a Greek Myth.

The bond that Kate and her mother have really pull at the heart string and had me tearing up a little. That doesn’t happen often with me and books.

I won’t give it 5 stars because there was some things that I pretty much guessed was going to happen. Even with the typical scenes you might expect, this a good story. I can’t really imagine what comes next in the series, this being the first book.