confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures  - Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl Our narrator Ethan has lived in Georgia all his life for the most part his life was pretty typical until his Mom died. As he and his family regroup after their loss a new girl pops into town, Lena. The attraction is immediate and uniquely mystical. Lena is from a long line of Casters. She has secret that may turn her dark/evil. Ethan and Lena fight to find a way defeat the darkness in her.

I have a soft spots for witchy fantasies. Jumping into this book was like lounging into a warm bath. I loved the characters, the magic, and romance. I am not one that likes gooey romances. This wasn’t one of those thank goodness. Ethan and Lena carry their own as well a carry each other.

As for anything that i did not like, I would have to say the flashbacks were not my favorite. I think there is a lot that was still unanswered but maybe that is why there is 3 more books.

I really enjoyed reading this start to the Caster series and I look forward to reading more. I was happy with the length of the book. I did not feel it ended too soon or drag on too long.