confuzzledbooks

The Party: A Novel
Robyn Harding
The Chemist
Stephenie Meyer
If you were me and lived in... Mexico: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World: 1
Carole P. Roman
Silver: Return to Treasure Island
Andrew Motion
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel
The Search for the Red Dragon
James A. Owen

All the King's Men

All the King's Men - Robert Penn Warren My husband read this years before me and thought the author, Robert Penn Warren was too descriptive. I agree that some spots were descriptive but there was beauty in the words that made the book likable. I really felt for the main character Jack Burden, especially the flashback of his first love. It made you wonder if things had gone differently with them would certain people be alive or doing something different.

The things I disliked were probably the things I was suppose to dislike. For example, the corruption in politics and in life. Relationships in the book were for the most part pretty bleak and sad.

I can not say I loved this book or that I disliked it. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would and found some beauty in the misery of Jack’s life.