confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair - Elizabeth Laird Maggie and her grandmother have been accused of practicing witchcraft in UK in probably the 1700’s. Maggie escapes and lives with other family members along the way she battle internally with God and what comes natural to her. As she joins her other family members they battle with government and religious laws themselves and only time will tell when the family will be caught practicing faith not in the kings way.

I was hoping for more fantasy with this book. I didn’t realize that it was going to be more of a historical dark fiction. I thought it was fast paced even though there was not much action more drama and deception. I guess the cover threw me off and I just thought it looked more magical.

While there are some general things about witchcraft and Maggie battling with her natural ability to heal others like her grandmother there was no real fantasy. Just a lot of hardship and learning the strengths of people.

An okay but not what I thought it was going to be.