confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 1 (Tales of the Slayer, #1)

Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 1 (Tales of the Slayer, #1) - Doranna Durgin,  Christie Golden,  Yvonne Navarro,  Nancy Holder,  Greg Rucka,  Mel Odom,  Joss Whedon This book is connected to the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Its tales feature the slayers before Buffy became the vampire slayer. There is 7 stories in the volume, most of which are only okay and not memorable. Pretty much all of the stories were about the last days and battle of the former slayers.

There were 2 stories I enjoyed. First was The White Doe by Christie Golden (actually, I think this is a misprint, I believe it is Christopher Golden) about a Native American tribe with a slayer know as White Doe. The second was Die Blutgrafin by Yvonne Navarro, in which the big bad is based on a real person, Countess Bathory, said to have bathed in the blood of virgins.