confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Allie Gator and the Seven Stones

Allie Gator and the Seven Stones - Sean Eckenrod A teenaged girl named Allie Gator (yes, that is her name) isn’t understood by her parents especially her mother, who thinks of Allie as an embarrassment. Her favorite place is to look for shells on the sand and watch the calming waters. She stumbles into the lake and ends up in a underwater world where she can breathe and talk to the aquatic animals. She has to save seven of the underwater realms where magical stones have gone missing.

This was a really strange story. I liked the character Allie and some of her underwater allies. I thought the idea behind saving the magical stones in each separate world was intriguing .

The thought behind the stones and what happened when they were taken away was interesting but didn’t always make sense. Especially after the stone was found nothing much changed. I could also say with all the things she learned underwater nothing changed in the real world for Allie. Her mother still didn’t understand her and Allie was even more out of touch with reality wanting to always see her other home, underwater.

I wish some the reason behind the missing stones and the effects of the inhabitants was explained more clearly. Frankly, the capture of the last stone was the most interesting because the story drew from her life. The others may have too but I couldn’t connect them to her.