19503 Followers

The Party: A Novel
Robyn Harding
The Chemist
Stephenie Meyer
If you were me and lived in... Mexico: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World: 1
Carole P. Roman
Silver: Return to Treasure Island
Andrew Motion
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel
The Search for the Red Dragon
James A. Owen

The Dharma King

The Dharma King: The Thrilling Novel of One Man's Quest to Save Tibet--And Himself - B.G. Stroh The Dharma King is a fictional novel about a young man, Sam. He comes from an extremely well to do family. Sam finds himself on vacation to Tibet that changes his way of viewing life. Sam has to follow his destiny no matter where it may lead including saving Tibet.

I liked this book a lot even though I had a hard time reading it. I kept putting it down and felt disconnected to it. I enjoy the Buddhist history and mysticism. Being a fictional story it has such hope for future of Tibet and it’s buddhist followers. The hope that shines through is what kept me coming back to the tale of Sam Simms Jr. I did not want to see it end.

As for negative issues with The Dharma King was that it was sometimes too mystical and leaves too much open where I would have wanted closure.

I can only think that this book is a prayer that hope does not die for those in Tibet.