confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Faerie

Faerie - Delle Jacobs Leonie is born part fae but has grown not knowing her parents or the full power she is capable of. She hid secretly the magic she used or she would be called a witch and burned. Sparks between her and Philippe le Peregrine are strong but they both have reasons to deny each other. Especially Philippe reasons which has to do with his first wife’s death.

Faerie has a nice mixture of fantasy and romance. Since I am not a fan of romance I have to say I would love to read a sequel to this book. Sometimes books with romance can be sickly hokie. The magic was in the romance and faerie powers. The love scenes were not forced but felt just right and the heat between Leonie and Philippe very believable.

There was some info or lack of about the bad guys and or evil that was after Leonie and Phillippe. It made me feel that maybe this might get made into a series that would explain more of Leonie’s parents history.

I have to say I am surprised at how much I loved this. I am starting to find that with many indie books. I was caught by the beauty of the cover and I see the author has many books that look just as interesting.