confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Wishing For More

the Star - Michele Breza

A little star in the night sky wants to be special and part of something big. He gets his wish and shines brightly as an announcement to all about a special birth.

The illustrations are charming and whimsical. The stars feeling of wanting more and being special like other stars in the sky is relatable for most.

Although I understand the feeling of wanting and waiting to be special I feel like the the telling of the story was lacking. I wanted the story telling to match the adorable imagery and it fell flat.

I think the story idea is a good one but I feel the execution of the story is not where it needs to be.