confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Don't Forget Tovi At Christmas

Tovi the Penguin: goes away for Christmas - Janina Rossiter, Janina Rossiter

Tovi and family visit a cabin in a extremely snow covered place.  So snowy that it seems Santa did not see them and left no presents.

This family of penguins are very cute and seem easily pleased even after the disappointment of no presents from santa.  Although they have not received gifts they find happiness with just spending time with each other.

I do think that the message that family is more important than the materials things we want, but I worry particularly for little ones that this story is read to. For instance those who are traveling with family getting upset about Santa forgetting them on Christmas Eve. Even though I know that is not exactly how it ends, Santa really did not forget them.

This was introduction to the Tovi The Penguin series, and even though I am not sure which penguin is Tovi, I can see the likableness of this series.