confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Great Art With Fascinating Story

The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 1: The Faust Act - Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie

Laura is obsessed with these pop stars who happen to be Gods reincarnated. The Gods come back every 90 years but do not hang around for long because they tend to die young. Some people love the Gods others think they are a nuisance or fraud. There is a murder, Lucifer aka Luci is framed and sent to jail. Laura tries to help her by talking to the other Gods and asking for help.

I find many of image comics have beautiful art and this one is no different. Although I will say this the art reminds me a little of the original Jem And The Holograms cartoon which is a good thing to me because I loved it back in the day. The story has some holes and still needs a lot of explaining especially all background of the Gods.

Many people say the writing was hard to follow. There was only one part that was hard to follow for me which was in the beginning when Laura was talking to the reporter about Luci. I couldn’t tell if the reporter was interviewing Luci from jail or the answers were coming from a flashback from Laura’s conversation with Luci. So yes there is some confusion at times but did not stop me from really liking this graphic novel’s beginning.

I had never really heard about this series before hand it was the cover that caught me. Now that I have read it I can’t wait to look for the second volume next visit to the bookstore.