confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Horror That Tackles The Mind

Monstress Volume 1: Awakening - Marjorie M. Liu
A teenage girl searching for answers on her mother’s death and the horror that is transforming her mind and body.

Once you get into this graphic novel, which might take a little bit, the characters are likeable and some horrible.  They make you feel the way you should which terror, fear and a little hope for our main character.

The art is good reminds me of anime and manga. Only thing it is the type anime manga art I dislike.  I am not a fan of the gory, and bloody art. Maybe that is because in high school art class we watched the anime Akira over and over.  It was really gross and that is how I found some of the art. It’s really great art just not a fan of the theme.

I read this because I heard good things about it and Neil Gaiman had a good quote about it.  I will probably read volume two to find out what happens.  Once I got through the beginning which is a little vague in storytelling wise but starts to come together at the end.  Still worth a read.