confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Sickly Sweet

The Secret Life of Squirrels: A Love Story - Nancy     Rose
This picture book is part of a series called The Secret Life Of Squirrels. This edition Mr. Peanuts has found love.  He takes his new love to bookstores, restaurants and, of course, the park.

I read this one around Valentine’s Day, which it is perfect for.  It is filled with very cute pictures of real squirrels in made up sets reenacting a couple dating.

Now the pictures are cute and so is the story. For me, I have to say it’s too cute. Like overwhelming sweet, which is why I took some stars away.  Don’t get me wrong I love squirrels they are adorable but the story gives me heartburn.

I am sure that children will love this book and not be overwhelmed by the sweetness. I am interested in checking out the previous books to see if I feel differently about them.