confuzzledbooks

The Party: A Novel
Robyn Harding
The Chemist
Stephenie Meyer
If you were me and lived in... Mexico: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World: 1
Carole P. Roman
The Search for the Red Dragon
James A. Owen

Sickly Sweet

The Secret Life of Squirrels: A Love Story - Nancy     Rose
This picture book is part of a series called The Secret Life Of Squirrels. This edition Mr. Peanuts has found love.  He takes his new love to bookstores, restaurants and, of course, the park.

I read this one around Valentine’s Day, which it is perfect for.  It is filled with very cute pictures of real squirrels in made up sets reenacting a couple dating.

Now the pictures are cute and so is the story. For me, I have to say it’s too cute. Like overwhelming sweet, which is why I took some stars away.  Don’t get me wrong I love squirrels they are adorable but the story gives me heartburn.

I am sure that children will love this book and not be overwhelmed by the sweetness. I am interested in checking out the previous books to see if I feel differently about them.