confuzzledbooks

Confuzzled Books

Blood Lite II: Overbite
Heather Graham, Kelley Armstrong, J.A. Konrath, Janis Ian, Derek Clendening, Amy Sterling Casil, Sam W. Anderson, Aaron Polson, Brian J. Hatcher, John R. Little, Joel A. Sutherland, Jordan Summers, Allison Brennan, Lezli Robyn, Scott Nicholson, Sharyn McCrumb, Edward Bry
V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
Seth Godin
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Creepy Is Good, Scary Is Better

Salem's Lot - Ron McLarty, Stephen King

A struggling author returns to the town he grew up in to revisit some skeletons of his past for a new book. He finds romance, friendship and more evil then he can deal with as townspeople start disappearing.

Stephen King can really describe a setting and get you settled in.  He gets the reader the feeling of being comfortable and then boom here comes the creepy.  The creepy just increases and increases.  For me I keep thinking wait let's go back to the comfiness.  I want to see author, Ben, connect more with townie, Susan.

When I read King I expect major scariness, the creeps and...not completely welcomed nightmares.  This one had some creep factor but it was not really scary to me.  I find his short stories scare me the most. It was a decent book.  I was not thrilled with the ending either.  In some ways it set up for a sequel although I do not know if there is one or not.  I know there is a short story prequel called Jerusalem’s Lot which I have never read.

For a vampire book it had some interesting takes on the usual mythos. Other than that I say there is better Stephen King books if you want scary but it is some very good writing.