confuzzledbooks

Confuzzled Books

Blood Lite II: Overbite
Heather Graham, Kelley Armstrong, J.A. Konrath, Janis Ian, Derek Clendening, Amy Sterling Casil, Sam W. Anderson, Aaron Polson, Brian J. Hatcher, John R. Little, Joel A. Sutherland, Jordan Summers, Allison Brennan, Lezli Robyn, Scott Nicholson, Sharyn McCrumb, Edward Bry
V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
Seth Godin
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Talents leads us through life

The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto: A Novel - Mitch Albom
Born with a musical talent no one can deny. Frankie Presto life is told by “Music” itself. We learn about the life of Frankie, as those who loved him come together to celebrate a man who can not be replaced.

There is something I love about Mitch Albom books. The inspirational way the stories are told and each one get more creative than the next. The fictional story of Frankie Presto and his talented life, show that you can’t run away from what god given talent you have because it is part of that person’s being. I may not have musical talent but I have artist talent. I have known how to draw from the time I was little. Like Frankie Presto there were times I stopped doing anything artist but it found it’s always back to me.  The same happens for Frankie, many times.

Even though the book goes back and forth through Frankie’s life and death.  I was still not prepared to say goodbye.  I wanted to know more about Frankie, his wife and daughter.  Even though I wanted the story to go on. I disliked that fact that the author felt he had to reveal Frankie’s true history, who his mother and father was.  I think I would have been okay for Frankie to have never known this info because in real life you do not get all the answers.

Mitch Albom has written another inspirational book.  It sparks questions about life, death and what talent we grabbed for ourselves while being born.  We reach for the stars and some of us, like Frankie, become one.