confuzzledbooks

Confuzzled Books

Blood Lite II: Overbite
Heather Graham, Kelley Armstrong, J.A. Konrath, Janis Ian, Derek Clendening, Amy Sterling Casil, Sam W. Anderson, Aaron Polson, Brian J. Hatcher, John R. Little, Joel A. Sutherland, Jordan Summers, Allison Brennan, Lezli Robyn, Scott Nicholson, Sharyn McCrumb, Edward Bry
V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
Seth Godin
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Don't Dream It, Just Be It

Can a Princess Be a Firefighter? - Mateya Arkova, Carole P. Roman
In a dreamy, pastel colored world for two little girls that imagine themselves as every job under the moon and why shouldn’t they?  As they are encouraged by an accompanying adult to keep dreaming and never stop.

For children it is pretty common to envision themselves of having many jobs when they become an adult. Jobs like being a veterinarian and artist or a princess and a firefighter.  Even though as an adults we change the careers we wished to have or only work one career.  Adults know we can do what we set our minds to which is why we cheer children to think big.  This picture book is that optimistic way of aiding children to be awesome no matter what job or career they have.

While the book is reassuring to children the wording of some of the sentences seem awkward.  The flow is a little forced in some places.

I believe we can never have enough books encouraging children to do or be what they want to be.   Along with cheering them on to try different job or jobs until they find their happy place.