confuzzledbooks

The Whistler
John Grisham
Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures
L.K. Campbell, Kate DiCamillo
If you were me and lived in... Mexico: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World: 1
Carole P. Roman
Silver: Return to Treasure Island
Andrew Motion

Magical Mystery

Queen Clarion's Secret - Kimberly Morris
This is the 16th book in the Tales of Pixie Hollow Series but it is the first book in which the character on the cover, and title, is not from their point of view. It is in the point of view of Prilla who notices that the Queen and the precious magical heart seed is missing.

As always the images are beautifully drawn.  The story is sweet.  I am a fan of Prilla the clumsy (their word for humans) fairy.  Prilla runs into Lily and Beck.  Beck is a animal fairy who can talk to all animals and talking to frogs is a hoot!

I was hoping this was a story featuring the Queen as the main character but sometimes you can not have everything.  We get to hear little about Mother Dove which makes up a little for the lack in Queen Clarion’s story.

I love the Disney Fairies movies but I the books I enjoy more because there are more fairies and other characters then the movies.  My wish is that the books continue to be on bookstore shelves for a long time to always enjoy.