confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

That Went Well: Adventures in Caring for My Sister

That Went Well: Adventures in Caring for My Sister - Terrell Harris Dougan Terrell uses the book to write about her trials with her mentally handicapped older sister. Terrell tries very hard to treat her sister, Irene, as everyone else but every time she tries Irene show that she is not. That Went Well is a book that talks about the negative and positive of taking care of a handicap family member. I liked that the family kept a good sense of humor throughout tough times. I also think compared to other memoirs with handicapped family member this one didn’t fluff the book up with with everyone always happy or perfectly handled. On another hand I felt there should have been more about the handicapped sister, Irene. A lot of the stories told in That Went Well is about Terrell trying to get her sister to like and do adult things. I read this book because someone recommended and gave me the book. It is a good read and there are frustrating moments and humorous moments. I recommend it for anyone who has a handicapped member in their family or those that know families as well.