confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Gift from the Sea

Gift from the Sea - Anne Morrow Lindbergh I picked up a Gift From The Sea after reading the historical fiction novel The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin, which is loosely about the life of the author Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I learned from The Aviator’s Wife that Anne was a smart, poetic, insightful and strong woman. This definitely shows through out the book A Gift From Sea. Her interpretation of shells along the beach comparing them to a woman’s life as we grow, marry, have children still keeping our individuality as strong women. What I like about a Gift From The Sea is that it is a book that can be reread over the years and you keep learning from it. I feel that this first time that I have read it, that I am (at 35) still an infant in my years and have yet much to learn from this world. I feel as Anne’s daughter Reeve said, in the intro I have that, it is a book that should be read once a year. The interpretation of the shells found along the beach, and comparing them to life, was sometimes lost on me but still interesting. In the end this a book I am keeping. I hope to return to it possibly once a year to reread. As much as I learned from it there is so much more that I will learn from it through the stages of my life.