confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

When a Man Loves a Woman (Indigo)

When A Man Loves A Woman - LaConnie Taylor-Jones I have been over my romance phase for a while now but I had a chance to get this ARC knowing it was a romance and I thought why not give it a shot. Vic and A.J.'s romance is a very passionate love affair even in the beginning when Vic tries everything in her power to not fall in love with A.J. He on the hand, comes up with some patience schemes to get her to realize they are meant for each other. A.J. also has twin girls at the beginning of the book who Vic also adores and I noticed that two other couples had twins as well which had me wonder what the reason for that was. There was a lot of convenient things that would happen in the book. For example Vic had sort of moved in with A.J. while he recovered from injuries and because he was hurt she realized her feelings. This happened pretty early in the book so I can say the book didn't dawdle which I think is a good thing. There were some fiery passionate loves scenes that were pretty decent and sometimes over exaggerated but hey it's a romance what should I expect. The one thing that did bother me was there were a few nicknames for each character and sometimes I would get confused at who was talking about who. I eventfully worked it out after rereading things a couple of times. I liked the characters and I can see why the author as used them in one book before this and plans to continue to use them. Over all I would say a pleasant read.