confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Man Who Invented Christmas: How Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol Rescued His Career and Revived Our Holiday Spirits - Les Standiford The literary history of Charles Dickens's books and influence on the holiday seasons. The book discusses Dickens role in the publishing of all his books, and how his holiday ghost tale, A Christmas Carol, effected many in Europe and America. This is a worthwhile read if you like Dickens.

Most interesting was this book's depictions of how the world of publishing worked in Dickens's day and the impact his stories had on people. It was unusual to discover that Dickens may have been the first commercial author to see others write "fan fiction" about his stories: there were apparently many different versions of his works in America before the real books appeared in the U.S.