confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America

The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America - Erik Larson This book goes back and forth between the architects that built the World’s Fair and a man who pretended to be a doctor and hid his brutal serial killings.

I wish the architects side of the story was more interestingly written as the serial killer's had been. So unfortunately I would say that I skimmed when ever I was reading about the architects but was more interested the mind workings of the serial killer which was probably just because the architects story was more on facts and measurement and the killer mindset was more imagined.

Near the end of the book the architect side does become more interesting. We learn of the first Ferris Wheel and the fire that took it all down.

While I enjoyed reading parts of this book which why I say I liked it but I did skim a lot that I felt was boring. I did feel that some of it was a learning experience about the time and setting of the era. I don’t think I would re-read but some of the book was still interesting.