confuzzledbooks

The Party: A Novel
Robyn Harding
The Chemist
Stephenie Meyer
If you were me and lived in... Mexico: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World: 1
Carole P. Roman
Silver: Return to Treasure Island
Andrew Motion
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel
The Search for the Red Dragon
James A. Owen

A Change in Altitude: A Novel

A Change in Altitude: A Novel - Anita Shreve The up and downs of this couples relationship in the book seemed understandable at times and then at times ridiculous and I was going to say that is unrealistic but maybe now that I think about the first part of this sentence, I am wrong. It has real moments about a married couple that I don’t think many people can understand why they are together. Instead of the starting the story in on the loved affair that brought them together we are brought in on what starts to drive them to different worlds.

It is not a very happy story I would say that is why I didn’t like very much. It is the kind of story that will depress you if you think about it to much.

I read this for a book club selection but had a hard time finishing it. In fact I am not even sure if I did.

I liked reading about the joyous parts in the book like the wife starting her career and the couple trying hard to work through there differences. There was much joy in this book though. Maybe that is the altitude it was suppose to be on but it made me not enjoy it.