confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Between the Lines

Between the Lines - Jodi Picoult, Samantha van Leer I love books about retelling of fairy tales and ones that tell new tales. I have never read anything by Jodi Picoult and I know this not one of her usual stories. This story was brought to life by her daughter Samantha van Leer.

The character Delilah reminds me much of a younger version of myself. Being addicted to books and letting them take over to the point I forget other including friends or family. I imagine if one of the characters started talking to me like Olivier did to Delilah I would be even more secluded. Delilah falls for the images and her conversations with Olivier. Olivier doesn’t want to be in the fairy tale world anymore he want to be in Delilah’s world. They try many things to bring him into the real world and they fail.

I was not expecting the ending. I am not sure if I liked the ending but I did enjoy the story and the way it jumps to Delilah and Olivier in the different chapters. It was also fun to see the characters talk to each other when the book was closed. I do wonder what is going to happen to Delilah and Olivier.