confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

The Yellow Hummer

The Yellow Hummer - Ivet Graham-Morgan A sweet young boy named Jordan is getting ready for Christmas festivities at his mother’s work. Jordan gets to meet Santa, who gives the other children and him presents. Eager to get his toy open, an unfortunate thing happens that makes Jordan sad. But even though he is sad, he learns what is more important.

Emotions swell easily while reading this book, especially the eagerness before and during the event that causes Jordan’s sadness. Feeling those emotions is a sign you're reading good writing. Although, I am not sure the lesson resonates because it comes suddenly.

This book does take place during Christmas, but I don’t think it is a story that can only be read during the holidays.