confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

True of Blood (Witch Fairy, #1)

True of Blood (Witch Fairy, #1) - Bonnie Lamer For three years Xandra deceased parents have been taking care of her and her little brother as ghosts. They also have their living aunt to take of them. They live secluded in the woods hiding from Xandra’s mother’s past. Xandra is just learning that her mother past is also part of Xandra’s history. She is half witch and half fairy, which makes her very powerful. Both fairies and witches want her dead for different reasons. Except for one fae who vows to protect her.

This was a fun read. Xandra is a typical teen who just learns magic is real. I liked the way they handle the prophecy. She is one strong witch fairy. The only thing that bother me is that I found it hard to believe that Xandra was in such denial about magic. Uh hello your parents are ghosts.

This was a magical, paranormal with a hint of romance. Great book for teens and preteens!