confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

Ugly to Start With

Ugly to Start With - John Michael Cummings Jason tries to find ways to make his life better than it is now. Ugly to start with means his young life with his family and area he lives in has always been a little ugly. Each stories captures pieces Jason’s will to climb out of a dark hole or him getting pushed back in.

These short stories were very different from what I have read in the past. Although they are dark I was still wrapped up into Jason’s life that I could not stop reading. Even after I finished I was hoping for more. Probably the story that sticks with me the most with, Shanice, a black girl he gets a school project to draw her for art class. I felt I was really there with them just listening to their conversation. I was sorry when the book ended especially since it seemed it was on a cliff hanger. Eager to see what comes next.