confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel
Burning Spirit spans through years of author Banzai Vitale’s life as well as his spiritual walks. From stuntman, to the works of Neal Donald Walsh, to The Burning Man celebration, Banzai takes in what he can from each experience.

I picked this book to read because I do like reading about other people’s spiritual experience and I saw he was a stuntman for the tv series Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I found the writing to be casual, as if I was hearing him speak. I was surprised to learn that he had read Conversations With God by Neal D. Walsh. We have different opinions about that book but knowing that he read Walsh’s book I felt an understanding.

I did not like that most of time he mentions have a spiritual experience is when he high on ecstasy or Lsd. I believe there is a way to experience God, nature and yourself without drugs. In fact I know for a fact as I have never done drugs or felt the need to use them to feel at one with universe. He also never explains exactly what kind of closeness he feels with the universe just that was high and his vision and touch was heightened.

I was very disappointed in Burning Spirit because Mr. Virtue did not seem to put much interest in spiritual findings without drugs and if he did he did not think much of it.