confuzzledbooks

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel

When Santa Needed Help

How Santa Changed - Karl Steam, Maksym Stasiuk
Before Santa had help with reindeers and elves he made all the toys and traveled on his own. As time went on the world got bigger and santa could not do everything on his own so he searched for help.

The rhyming scheme is excellent and a great story to read out loud. The story really fits into Santa’s background that most of us know. It seems very plausible and shows Santa’s human side. The side that stresses, worries and gets tired.

I think only thing I am not fond of is the title, How Santa Changed. I don't really know what title would be better.  I just felt like the title did not grab me and honestly did not make me want to read it.

Even though my issues with the title are there. I am glad I did read it. It is one of those surprise books that you think you are not going to like but then like it more than you did.