confuzzledbooks

Confuzzled Books

Blood Lite II: Overbite
Heather Graham, Kelley Armstrong, J.A. Konrath, Janis Ian, Derek Clendening, Amy Sterling Casil, Sam W. Anderson, Aaron Polson, Brian J. Hatcher, John R. Little, Joel A. Sutherland, Jordan Summers, Allison Brennan, Lezli Robyn, Scott Nicholson, Sharyn McCrumb, Edward Bry
V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
Seth Godin
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neil Gaiman
Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas
Nene Thomas, Bruce Coville
The Art of Amy Brown (Bk. 1)
Matthew(Read by) Ryan, Ilyana(Read by); Brown, Amy Kathleen?(Author) ; Kadushin
The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
Eric Maisel
Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale - Zack Whedon, Steve Morris, Chris Samnee, Dave Stewart, Joss Whedon

Finally fans of Joss Whedon’s Firefly are given some of the back history to character Shepherd Book.  We learn what made the man who was so well train in arsenals and be a man of the cloth.

The artwork is probably the best thing about this volume of Serenity.

The background story was mediocre.  I feel that Shepherd’s story could have been stretched out to more graphic novels and instead it loss something. It has the feeling of being chopped and no real connection or heart.

Since I was a fan of Firefly I know the characters and was of course interested in the back story that was not told in the show or movie. Anyone not a fan of Firefly, will probably have no interest in this third volume.

Even though I had some interest in Shepherd Book’s story this was less interesting than imagined. I had hoped for something more exciting.